When we’re consulted to design for cleanrooms or specialist containment, we focus on protecting the people, the process, the equipment, and the environment.
Many of our clients’ research and production facilities require cleanrooms or specialist containment measures. Our approach integrates the development of highly specialist requirements from the user requirement stage. We bring this through the design process, to quality in construction, and beyond to commissioning, to deliver a working environment that is safe for both for the user and the laboratory/production process. When our clients have bespoke validation processes we adapt our approach to better suit their requirements.
At RKD, our core consulting expertise covers:
- Biological containment from BSL 2 to BSL 4 design.
- Chemical containment from OEB2 to OEB4 design.
- Radiation-based processes including alpha rays, beta rays, gamma rays, X-rays, neutrons, high-speed electrons, high-speed protons, and other atomic particles.
- Cleanroom design grade D to A with isolators for both the microelectronics and the (bio) pharma industry.
- Low vibration environments VC-A to VC-E and NIST.
For projects requiring non-European or multi-jurisdictional legislation we adapt our designs to integrate our clients’ in-house requirements, protocols, and applicable international standards.